With all of this being said, where can students in the Pittsburgh region go to volunteer?
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy: Volunteers of all ages, interests, and abilities can help out at one day events or more often! This organization has a great program for teens called Urban EcoSteward. This program is for long-term volunteers that work at parks to remove invasive species, plan native flora, slow erosion, and clean up trash.
- Tree Pittsburgh: This organization uses volunteers to plan trees in the Pittsburgh region.
- Bike Pittsburgh: Bike Pittsburgh organizes OpenStreetsPGH, a family-friendly celebration that creates 3.5 miles to walk, dance, run and play in Downtown.
- Just Harvest: Just Harvest is a nonprofit that works to end hunger and poverty in Allegheny County. This organization is always looking for volunteers for many jobs such as outreach, administrative, and market assistant.
- American Red Cross: Volunteers are accepted as young as 13 with the youth volunteer application. They offer many volunteer opportunities!
- Pittsburgh Marathon: 4,000 volunteers are needed for the event each May!
Need help connecting with organizations or evaluating extracurricular activities? Riley College Advising can help!